Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Laying in the grass

As I’m laying in the grass,
I start to think about the past,
We all grow up so fast!
I imagine someone pulling a big red trigger,
So I stopped watching Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.
From eating birthday cakes with my hands,
To drinking root beer out of brown cans.
We all grow up so fast!
Boys stopped playing in the mud and dirt,
While girls began to wear make-up and flirt.
From changed diapers day to day,
To auditioning for the Middle school play.
We all grow up so fast!
Instead of parents reading our favorite bedtime fable,
Now were texting under the glass dinner table.
No more floral dresses, or pink bows in our hair,
Just shorts and a T-shirt, no one has a care,
Because we all grow up so fast!
That’s what I think about when laying in the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment